Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Party











I enjoy hosting Easter Brunch for my family because our tradition is to have an Easter Egg Hunt. Over the years I have improved my system to make it both entertaining and fair for all the kids. I have grandchildren ranging in age from 9 to 28, many of whom still like to participate in the hunt. Apparently, the cash and useful gadgets found in the eggs make the hunt worthwhile.
I have color coded the eggs to match their bags and each paticipant has 10 eggs to find. Grandpa is sure to hide the eggs well, making it a challenge for each grandchild...often taking an hour to discover all the eggs. All participants end up with the same cache in their 10 eggs. After all the eggs are opened, I retrieve the eggs and bags and save them for next year. The favorite is the Golden Egg, often filled with cherished family treasures (and a cash bonus!) Sometimes the egg is hidden, and sometimes we play a game of chance for it. Great memories are created each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment